Vehicle Registrations, Dog Licensing, Vital Records Requests, and Tax Payments

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES for Vehicle Registrations, Dog Licensing, and Vital Records Requests.

 for Tax Payments.


Town Clerk and Tax Collector

Tax Collector / Town Clerk - Regina M. Schofield
(Vehicle and boat registrations, dog licenses, voter registration, etc.)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 538, New Hampton, NH 03256

(This office cannot provide copies of Property Assessment cards - Obtain those through the Selectmen's Office - 603-744-3559)

NEW Office Hours - Effective October 17, 2022:

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm 8:00 am - 4:00 pm 10:00 am - 4:00 pm 10:00 am - 7:00 pm 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Phone: 603-744-8454     

Please note: Our office does not accept Credit Cards or Debit Cards

Frequently Asked Questions

Can you tell me how much it costs to register a new vehicle?

You can get an estimate by clicking onto the ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES link above. (Remember to change your birth month)

What do I need to register a vehicle?

If the vehicle is 2000 and newer you need the title signed over to you on the back, with the exact mileage or blue Dealer Title Application.  If the vehicle is 1999 and older you need a bill of sale accompanied with the prior NH registration or VIN Verification Form. See description and sample of Bill of Sale below.

A proper Bill of Sale will be required for registration of all non-title motor vehicles.

The Bill of Sale shall be in a letter head receipt form from a bonded dealer, a letterhead bill of sale from a dealer, a previous registration from same owner (NH or previous state of residence) or a bill of sale from the seller. The following information will be required according to Rules and Regulations of the Dept. of Safety:

  • Description of Vehicle:  Make, Model, Identification No., Model year, type of body, Number of Cylinders
  • Name and Address of Purchaser, Signature and Address of Seller.

Determination of proper bill of sale will be at the discretion of this office.

Click here for a sample Bill of Sale

What do I need to provide to renew my car registration?

  • ID and

  • Prior Registration or
  • Renewal Letter

Can I send someone else in to register my vehicle?

Yes. They need to bring their ID with your registration or renewal letter.

How do I prove residency?

  • Bring two proofs of Address

  • Fill out form at the office

Do you accept credit or debit cards?

No, but we accept cash or check.

What if I lost my registration?

You can get a new registration for a combined State and Town total of $18.00 by filling out a form from the office.

Do I have a grace period for inspection?

You have 10 days to inspect your vehicle.

Do I have a grace period for registering my vehicle?

You can renew your registration 4 months prior to your birth month.

Boat Registrations

Please bring the renewal letter from the state or the prior registration to renew your boat registration.
If you have a new boat, please bring a bill of sale along with the prior owner’s registration or a HIN Verification Form.

Dog Licensing

If you are a new resident in town, and have a dog over 3 months old, you are required to visit the Town Clerk’s office to register your dog(s). Once a dog is registered, licensing is required every year by April 30th. As reminders, postcards are sent out each year to dog owners of record.
Costs are as follows:                                                         
Unaltered Dog $9.00
Neutered Male or Spayed Female $6.50
Puppies (3-7 months) $6.50
Owner over 65 $2.00 (this applies to one dog only)
Replacement Tag $  .50
IMPORTANT: Be sure to bring your rabies certificate(s) with you.
According to RSA 466:13 additional fines will be incurred after June 1st.
Late charge per month as of June 1st …………………………………….$1.00
Civil Fine for failure to register…………………………………………….$25.00

By Mail:
Please include applicable fees in the form of a check or money order made payable to the Town of New Hampton, along with a copy of the current rabies certificate and the spay/neuter certificate. Please mail to the following address:
   Town of New Hampton
   P.O. Box 538
   New Hampton, NH 03256

Election Information

Voter Registration

Here are some ways to Register to Vote:

  • In person at the Town Clerk’s office

  • At a Supervisors of the Checklist session prior to any election
    • Supervisor sessions are advertised on the home page of our website, as well as at the Town Office
  • On Election Day
  • By Absentee
    • When you request an Absentee ballot and you are a new voter, a New Voter Packet, containing the necessary forms and instructions will be included with the ballot. 

When you register to vote in person, please bring with you:

  • A valid government issued photo ID (i.e. Driver’s License)
  • Birth Certificate or Naturalization paperwork or Passport
  • Proof of Domicile (i.e. Car registration, Utility Bill, etc…) 

Please note, if you do not have these items, there are affidavits that can be filled out.
For additional information, please visit: or call the Town Clerk’s Office 603-744-8454

Voting Location & Polling Hours:

The Town of New Hampton votes at the Historic Town House located at 86 Town House Road.
For State Elections: Polls open at 8 am and close at 7 pm
For Town Elections: Polls open at 11 am and close at 7 pm

Absentee Ballot:

If you are unable to vote in person, you may request an Absentee ballot. Forms are available on the home page of the Town website or at the Town Clerk’s office.

Hunting, Fishing & OHRV

Unfortunately, we cannot do these registrations. Here is a link to where you can:
OHRV and Snowmobile Registration Agents | State of New Hampshire Fish and Game (

Petition for License

Utility Poles/Underground Conduit

Pursuant to the provisions of RSA 231:163 and 43:2, the Board of Selectmen held a public hearing on March 20, 2014 to determine if it would be in the best interests of the public good to amend all of the existing pole licenses issued by the Town of New Hampton through March 20, 2014 to include language regarding taxation pursuant to RSA 72:23.  As a result of the public hearing, the Board of Selectmen have found it is in the best interests of the public good to amend these existing pole licenses to include additional language.


Click here for the Petition for License form, to be printed and filled in by hand.

Click here for the Pole License Resolution